3 Digital Marketing Tips for Financial Services
Looking for digital marketing tips for finance? Want to learn more about using HubSpot for finance businesses? Digital marketing strategy for the financial sector requires, just like any other sector, a tailored approach for the best results. With these three tips, your business can reach new heights and new audiences by building trust, improving user experience, and rank higher with better on-page SEO.
Develop Authority with Your Audience
A common practice for content marketing is writing well to become a subject matter authority. This helps businesses to develop trust with potential customers on the subject matter of their products.
For some sectors, this thought leadership is their greatest asset, and the financial sector is one of these. Why? The nature of finance requires a great deal of trust. Whether your business is banking, financial advising, insurance, investing, or you are a professional accountant, your clients trust you with their money.
How can you show your audience that you know your stuff?
- Be thorough and well-researched. Part of looking like you know what you’re talking about is actually knowing what you’re talking about. When you write blog posts make sure that you lean into your expertise and be thorough.
- Cite other experts. There’s no shame in admitting you aren’t the only expert in your industry! Use studies, research and data from respected finance journals and organizations to support your marketing content. Don’t forget to link to the supporting piece to develop SEO authority and improve your rankings through backlinking.
- Develop an SEO strategy. You know finance inside and out, and marketing is making sure other’s know that too. Creating an SEO strategy by conducting keyword research considering what you’d like to rank for (Eg. Finance for small businesses, Canadian Accountants, accounting software, or affordable life insurance) and making sure to include them in your web page content will help you stand out from the rest. There are many SEO tools to make this task much easier:
Optimize Your Website
Your website is your business’s first point of contact and knowledge base. Before they ever speak to you, prospective clients will google you (or a keyword related to finance) to see what you have to offer. Here are a few ways to make sure that you stand out:
- Be Clear. We’ve all been to a website that looks great but have no idea where to go or what it’s about. Make sure your website menu is helpful, simple and clear, solving the problem web visitors are there to get help with.
- Focus Your Keywords. Why put in the work of designing a great website if no one will see it? Be sure to have a strategic keywords list and seed them throughout your content so that you can climb in the search rankings with different search terms and up your SEO game!
- Get Assistance. Consider outsourcing if you are a small business or don’t have a designated marketing or design department! For example, Flawless Inbound has created, optimized, and designed websites for many businesses so that they can do the work they do best.
Personalize Your Marketing Campaigns
Finance is a personal industry. Especially if you are advising or accounting for individuals or small businesses, passing over financials and trusting a company with their livelihood is a big deal. Personalizing your email marketing campaigns will make you stand out as a trustworthy and caring business.
HubSpot Marketing Hub has many personalization tools to help your emails look beautiful and tailored to each prospective client. Adding personalization tokens can be a great way to show that you are paying attention to the information that prospects enter into your forms. Add personalization tokens easily to any email by clicking “Personalization” and choosing from the drop-down menu.
But personalizing with form information only can go so far. With HubSpot’s Smart Content features you can address pain points in your email campaigns by customizing sections of your email to customer groups.
For example, if you are sending out a newsletter for your accounting firm around tax time, you might use smart content to include a section about student taxes to students and filing your taxes for small businesses to small business owners. You can do this within the body of a larger email that includes more general information to save you time and ensure that your newsletter packs a punch!